Program Updates on EVSE, ePTO Guidance, Low NOx Incentives, and Large Orders
- Effective August 15, 2019, EVSE voucher enhancements must be requested within 60 days of the submittal of corresponding vehicle voucher requests.
Have you requested a vehicle voucher more than 60 days ago and still intend to request an EVSE enhancement, but haven’t yet? The deadline to do so is August 31, 2019. Please note that EVSE enhancement requests cannot be submitted if the corresponding vehicle voucher requests are on the HVIP waitlist.
- ePTO Guidance Update: Effective 6/10/2019, changes are in effect of ePTO guidance and eligibility in HVIP. Click here for more details.
- Low NOx Incentives: Effective 6/6/2019, Low NOx vouchers for new vehicles are $45,000. Repowers for the L9N eligible engine qualify for a $50,000 voucher and repowers with the ISX12N eligible engine qualify for a $52,000 voucher.
- EVSE: Effective 6/10/2019, EVSE vouchers are required to complete an EVSE Voucher Request Form and an EVSE Redemption Form. The EVSE Voucher Request Form must be approved BEFORE qualifying EVSE is ordered.
- Large Orders: CARB is implementing a review of large voucher requests to ensure incentives do not exceed incremental cost maximums as specified in the FY18-19 Funding Plan, and to help maximize funding availability within the constraints of annual budgets. Effective June 18, large voucher requests, defined as 100 or more vouchers for the same fleet in a 12-month period, are subject to CARB review and approval before voucher-request approval. CARB may reduce voucher amounts on a case-by-case basis to ensure that incentive amounts are consistent with incremental cost policy defined in the Funding Plan. Fleets and dealerships are encouraged to coordinate with CARB regarding large orders prior to submitting a voucher request.